cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

downloading encrypted Webex recordings via API

wfu-sysinf
Level 1
Level 1

I've been using the downloadNBRStorageFile API call to download recordings.  Since a Webex upgrade in April, all of our recordings are now encrypted at rest.  But now the downloadNBRStorageFile no longer works on the encrypted recordings.

I get a 500 Internal Server Error when making the API call and the error:

com.webex.webapp.common.dao.WbxDaoException: waf.dao.persistence_exception

What's the trick needed to download encrypted recordings via the API?  There is nothing in the API documentation about this.

1 Accepted Solution

Hello,

Service URL is site wide, it would not be different for encrypted only. If the service URL did change, there is a chance that older recordings are still present on the older service URL location but you should still update the service URL going forward to ensure you can continue to download new recordings.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

nmorrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

That error message most likely means that the NBR service URL you are using is incorrect. It is possible that NBR service URLs may have been silently changed at some point to rebalance recording usage globally. You may request your NBR service URL information by emailing devsupport@webex.com with your WebEx site URL and asking for your NBR service URL.

Is the URL specific to a site?  Or would it be different for encrypted recordings vs. non-encrypted recordings?

I can use the API call to successfully download non-encrypted recordings.

Hello,

Service URL is site wide, it would not be different for encrypted only. If the service URL did change, there is a chance that older recordings are still present on the older service URL location but you should still update the service URL going forward to ensure you can continue to download new recordings.

Thank you.  That was the problem, the URL must have changed when we moved to encrypted recordings.  I contacted the support email address you suggested and they gave me the new URL which was different from what I was using.  I am now able to download the encrypted recordings.

(It would have been nice if a URL change had been mentioned in a release note along the way, but oh well it's all good now)

Hello,

The service is designed so that a change like this should not have impacted production services, but unfortunately NBR API usage was not considered. I have followed up with engineering on a solution for future changes.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.