Views
Helpful
Replies

Editing a single occurrence in Reccurrenc meeting

anilpan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am using Webex XML api,is there anyway to edit a single occurrence in Recurrence meeting?

Thanks

Anil

4 Replies 4

kasutton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Anil,

Editing a single occurrence of a recurring session is only supported in Training Center. The <index> element for SetTrainingSession should work, just enter an integer for the instance of recurrence you are looking to edit:

https://developer.cisco.com/media/webex-xml-api/620SetTrainingSession.html

Hope this helps.

Kasey

Editing a single instance in Recurring meeting is nothing but handling exceptions, am I right? In that case, I saw a statement in "XML API 8.0.0 SP11" enhancement document as:

"Modifying an instance of a series can create an exception meeting." and

"For Meeting Center, significant enhancements are being made to support recurring series of meetings and handling of

exceptions in a series. These enhancements are going to be supported by both XML API and URL API. Integrators are

encouraged to use these enhancements for meetings management"

That means exceptions are supported even for Meetings or did I understood incorrectly?

I have started working on this again. Now we stuck on this as I could not find any information on handling exceptions in meeting. Even in latest Whats New in WBS 29.11 it was mentioned as:

• Users are allowed to schedule recurring meetings and create exceptions to the meeting series.

From this I guess we can have exceptions even for meetings. Just to check how it works in Training Center, I checked how to specific <index> but I could not find any documentation in XML API reference. Can any body please help me to handle exceptions in meeting?

Is there any solution for this issue?
it is 2020 and still there is no documentation in the Meeting XML APIs on how to edit a single instance of a recurrent meeting using the XML APIs.