cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can a bot send a message for other rooms on Webex Teams?

brunatoledo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've created a bot (with botkit) and I can talk with it directly anytime, but now I want it to send messages to other rooms (group rooms which I do not belong) by typing a command on our chat. Is there any example of code or some ideas about how can I do this? I've been searching but I'm not having success.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Bots (or any Webex Teams user) can only send messages from within rooms where they are a member, i.e. the bot will need to have been added to the room by another user, or be in a room in created. An extension of this involves Teams: users (and bots) that are members of a Team can list and join (and then send messages in) rooms that belong to Teams they are a member of.

So, only if all your rooms are under Teams, and your bot is a member of all Teams, can it be able to send messages into any room. Alternatively you would have to ensure the bot was a member of every room that could potentially need its services.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Bots (or any Webex Teams user) can only send messages from within rooms where they are a member, i.e. the bot will need to have been added to the room by another user, or be in a room in created. An extension of this involves Teams: users (and bots) that are members of a Team can list and join (and then send messages in) rooms that belong to Teams they are a member of.

So, only if all your rooms are under Teams, and your bot is a member of all Teams, can it be able to send messages into any room. Alternatively you would have to ensure the bot was a member of every room that could potentially need its services.
Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.