cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I redirect to my site after joing the meeting?

lushanthan
Level 1
Level 1

I created a meeting using the API. And enabled a link to connect to that meeting for the host. But when the host clicks on the link he is redirected to the webex page (using GetHostUrl api method), However after the client connects to the client the browser still shows the meetings of the host. I don't want the user to go into the WebEx Administration Site. Can we have a returnUrl from the webex site after connecting to the meeting?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jaydem
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Lushanthan,

If you are using Training Center or Event Center, during scheduling you can set a destination URL where the user would be redirected after the meeting.  This option however does not apply to Meeting Center.  You can also configure the "default landing page" on your WebEx site by going to Site Admin > Site Settings and choosing (for example) Meeting Center from the drop down menu at the top.  Once on the Meeting Center settings page, you'll see an option to configure the "default host landing page" and "default attendee landing page".  For more information on configuring this option, it would be best to contact WebEx Technical Support or the help file on your Site Admin page.

Regards,

Jayde

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

jaydem
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Lushanthan,

If you are using Training Center or Event Center, during scheduling you can set a destination URL where the user would be redirected after the meeting.  This option however does not apply to Meeting Center.  You can also configure the "default landing page" on your WebEx site by going to Site Admin > Site Settings and choosing (for example) Meeting Center from the drop down menu at the top.  Once on the Meeting Center settings page, you'll see an option to configure the "default host landing page" and "default attendee landing page".  For more information on configuring this option, it would be best to contact WebEx Technical Support or the help file on your Site Admin page.

Regards,

Jayde

Thanks Jaydem for the response. We are using a meeting center. Do we need the Site administrator privilege for this?

Yes making any changes to the Site Admin page would require site administrator privileges.

Regards,

Jayde

Hi Jaydem,

https://support.webex.com/meetings/mp85/common/en_US/siteadmin/pdf/wx_siteadmin_ug.pdf

I went through the above site administration guide. And in page no 15 (Changing the session end (landing) pages) it says session end pages. Are these what you are referring to?

In para1 it says, "You can change the page that displays when a WebEx session ends.". Does this mean this page setting is called when a user tries to connect after the session has ended. But my need is when the user tries to connect and the client opens there is a webex page shown to the user. We don't want to show that to the user. We don't want the user to enter into our webex site.

Hi Lushanthan,

In order for the meeting client to initiate it must be redirected to the WebEx page to trigger the client.  Unfortunately there is no way to have the meeting client initialize without first launching the WebEx page first.

Regards,

Jayde

Yes I understand that jaydem, but my need is to redirect to my page after the WebEx client has triggered.

Hi Lushanthan,

It sounds like you may be looking at setting a "BU" at the end of your join link.  The BU parameter will be triggered once the meeting client is launched (or the API command has completed).  For example:

https://sitename.webex.com/sitename/m.php?AT=JM&MK=123456789&AN=John+Doe&AE=jdoe@acme.com&BU=http://mycorpsite.com/back_page.php

Using the above as an example, the user would be redirected to http://mycorpsite.com/back_page.php after the client has initiated.  Please note that you will want to URL encode your BU.  You can reference section 1-3 of the URL API WBS 27 reference guide for more information on this.  If you also set the "landing page" mentioned in my earlier post, that would still be separate and would launch after they leave the meeting.

Regards,

Jayde

Thanks for the answers jaydem. It was much helpful. So after we get the Attendee Url and Host Url using the WebEx XML API we can append this BackUrl part to the original Url received and redirect to that page. Is that fine?

Hi Lushanthan,

Yes that's correct.  You would just add on the BU to your existing start/join URL API links to redirect to another page after the meeting starts.

Regards,

Jayde

Hi Jaydem,

It works for the attendee url and not with the host url. Is there a reason or a setting for that?

Hello,

Host URL typically contains a chained command including login (p.php?AT=LI), then host meeting (m.php?AT=HM). In the chained format, the secondary URL (host meeting) must be URL encoded. If you include &BU=back url, the URL API service will treat the BU as part of the login command, which only runs BU on failure. You will need to make sure you URL encode the BU and add it to the secondary URL in your host url by using %26BU=back url. You can leave other special characters as-is, & is really the only character that reacts this way in the chained URL.

ShilpiMittal
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, very help full post

Adding %26 before BU really works for Host URL.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: