cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

JoinTeleconfBeforeHost not supported in VoIP-only mode?

john.cleese
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is there any way to allow Attendees to join the teleconference before the Host in VoIP-only meetings?

When calling the CreateMeeting API method, if I set JoinTeleconfBeforeHost to true and telephonySupport to OTHER or NONE,

I get error message: "JoinTeleconfBeforeHost is not supported for specified telephony type".

When I set telephonySupport to CALLIN, the meeting is successfully created, but when I read it back with GetMeeting API method, it turns out that CALLIN has been changed to CALLBACK...

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nmorrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should notice that manually scheduling a WebEx meeting via the WebEx user interface will not allow you to set join teleconference before host when VoIP only is used, API will not provide functionality that is not available via the UI.

CALLIN and CALLBACK are legacy values that remain for backward compatibility. WebEx audio provides both options without regard to preference, CALLBACK means both CALLIN and CALLBACK. You can restrict CALLBACK audio at the user account level in site admin. You may discuss audio pricing with your WebEx account manager, I don't suspect that pricing differs between the choices anymore.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

nmorrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should notice that manually scheduling a WebEx meeting via the WebEx user interface will not allow you to set join teleconference before host when VoIP only is used, API will not provide functionality that is not available via the UI.

CALLIN and CALLBACK are legacy values that remain for backward compatibility. WebEx audio provides both options without regard to preference, CALLBACK means both CALLIN and CALLBACK. You can restrict CALLBACK audio at the user account level in site admin. You may discuss audio pricing with your WebEx account manager, I don't suspect that pricing differs between the choices anymore.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: