cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Large Delay When Accessing Recording via XML API (lstRecording) vs Meeting Center GUI

TyHitzeman82708
Level 1
Level 1

Shortly after creating a WebEx cloud recording, I can view it in the WebEx Meetings GUI. However, I cannot access the recording from the XML API's `lstRecording` call for hours later. Last time I tried, there was a 7 hour delay between when the recording was in the GUI vs when it was accessible via the API.

Questions:

Is this large of a delay expected?

Is there a way to estimate how long a recording will take to be accessible by the XML API?

Is there anything I can do to shorten the delay?

1 Accepted Solution

I was wrong -- the delay wasn't due to WebEx slowness. I wasn't handling time zones correctly, so what appeared to be a 7-hr delay was just the time zone offset from my local time to UTC. Oops!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
My understanding is that this is expected and pretty typical (though I'm not sure I realized it was available from the GUI much more quickly...that's a bit frustrating.) Availability times can vary, no event/indication when a recording might be available...about all you can do is keep re-checking. Might be worth inquiring with the Webex dev support team via email/portal ticket in case they can provide deeper info or perhaps offer some options...https://developer.webex.com/support

I was wrong -- the delay wasn't due to WebEx slowness. I wasn't handling time zones correctly, so what appeared to be a 7-hr delay was just the time zone offset from my local time to UTC. Oops!