Views
Helpful
Replies

NBR APIs and Who Can Access Them

jwolfeld
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I'm looking at the NBR API Functions.  I see that most requests require an authentication ticket as an input parameter, but there seem to be two kinds of tickets: getStorageAccessTicket and getMeetingTicket.  I see that the former requires site admin credentials, and the latter requires user credentials.  How do I know which API requires which kind of ticket?  Or do all the APIs take either type of ticket, but limit their actions to only those recordings that the authenticated user has access to?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nmorrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

If you are simply looking to download NBR files, I suggest using NBRFileOpenService.downloadFile, which does not use the ticket value and instead takes site admin username, password, siteId, and recordID. It also has a required element, serviceName, but that can be null. downloadFile provides the same response as downloadNBRStorageFile. Last I checked, which was some time ago admittedly, authentication tickets worked the same for either service and could be used cross service. NBR API generally requires site admin credentials, I would need to test further to confirm if host access could be granted to a subset of APIs. If you are trying to use getMeetingXml, then I would just go with getMeetingTicket from the same service.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

nmorrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

If you are simply looking to download NBR files, I suggest using NBRFileOpenService.downloadFile, which does not use the ticket value and instead takes site admin username, password, siteId, and recordID. It also has a required element, serviceName, but that can be null. downloadFile provides the same response as downloadNBRStorageFile. Last I checked, which was some time ago admittedly, authentication tickets worked the same for either service and could be used cross service. NBR API generally requires site admin credentials, I would need to test further to confirm if host access could be granted to a subset of APIs. If you are trying to use getMeetingXml, then I would just go with getMeetingTicket from the same service.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: