Views
Helpful
Replies

Preloading a document before the meeting start

thamashaj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to know whether there is a way for the lecturer to preload a document to the meeting before it starts and if it is possible, How that can be done?

Thanks

8 Replies 8

nmorrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

This cannot be done via API. It is possible to auto share a document at meeting start using the URL API Host meeting command, but this is a real time upload and share feature. manual document uploading is available on the traditional WebEx user interface and can be demonstrated by your WebEx account manager or sales representative.

Hi Nathan,

How is it possible to access the client machine's local path from the server to add a value for the Document Location(DL) tag? For security reasons, it is not possible to get the full path of a file, in a local machine from the code. Is there any work around?

Hello,

The host meeting command is a locally run command from the web browser. The local document location would typically be specified by the end user. I would recommend using a file selection HTML form element to populate the value if using this command to accomplish autoshare.

Hi Nathan,

When using a file selection in HTML control, due to security reasons, only Internet Explorer provides the original path, Chrome provides a fake path and Firefox provides only the name of that file. Is there any work around for this?

Hello,

I was not aware of that security feature. There is another security feature that comes up fairly often with these same browsers, when trying to send XML API commands over XMLHttpRequest due to cross domain scripting limitations. I cannot provide a work around for those browsers.

thamashaj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nathan,

Can I upload multiple documents using the URL API Host meeting command or else Is there another way to upload multiple documents when joining a meeting?

Hi Thamasha,

Unfortunately we do not have any APIs which support uploading multiple documents into a meeting.

Regards,

Jayde

Hi,

Thanks Jayde. By the way, Is there a way to autoshare multiple documents?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: