Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Programmatically download a recording

Hello,

I am trying to implement a workflow to download and convert recordings to mp4. But the fileurl from java:com.webex.service.binding.ep.LstRecording is not really helpful. Is there easy way to get the arf directly?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ryanhunt
Level 5
Level 5

HI Stefan,

What problem are you having with the results of LstRecording? The ARF files are not directly exposed in the way I think you are wanting, but the URI contained within <ep:fileURL> returned by LstRecording should lead you to the file you are seeking.

Best Regards,

Ryan Hunt

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

ryanhunt
Level 5
Level 5

HI Stefan,

What problem are you having with the results of LstRecording? The ARF files are not directly exposed in the way I think you are wanting, but the URI contained within <ep:fileURL> returned by LstRecording should lead you to the file you are seeking.

Best Regards,

Ryan Hunt

Ok, I finnaly managed to get the file. But now there is a problm. I just cannot convert the arf to mp4 (or any other format) via commandline. I read that it worked with an older version of nbrplay but i cannot find it or get it to work. Is there anything I can to get this to work? I tried everything (windows and linux programms). All I need is to get the video of the recording in a proper format. We pay many thousand dollars for webex and this was promised to us it would work by your sales.

Have you tried the NBR2MP4 Converter? You can grab it from: Utilities | WebEx

Yes, as I said " I tried everything (windows and linux programms)." Maybe the NBR2MP4  works ob a desktop environment, it does not work on servers via commanline. Is there no working, maybe old, windows client that works?

To be precise with the linux tool: I get an error

./nbr2mp4: line 124:  6158 Segmentation fault

I can confirm that all libs are installed

ldd nbr_play

Unfortunately this issue is not related to the API, I would suggest getting in touch with Technical Support for further assistance. Tech Support are the best to handle this issue and they can escalate as needed for the base product.

Best Regards,

-Ryan

Hi Stefan,

Just curious to know if you ever got this resolved. We're exploring using the command-line-only conversion tool ourselves.

Thanks,

-- Matt

sathishkumar1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi stefan,

I have built a PHP package for NBR API. Please visit this URL for more information GitHub - rsathishtechit/webex: PHP WebEx package for XML and NBR API's.

Let me know if you need any help on this.