cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Set registration to false using setMeeting

johncarlin1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm having issues setting registration to false using the setMeeting request.  After looking through the API reference guide, I can't see any possible combination that will result in registration being set to false.  From the reference guide:

Screen Shot 2017-10-20 at 10.06.43 PM.png

Cisco DevNet: WebEx Conferencing - XML API - XML API Reference

I want to allow attendees to join 5 minutes before the meeting starts, and join before the Host.  This requires registration to be set to false though.  The meetings are booked by a SAP integration so I can only update existing meetings, not create them from scratch.  Having the following schedule options results in an error about 'registration' needing to be set to 'false' to allow early access.

<schedule>

<openTime>300</openTime>

<joinTeleconfBeforeHost>true</joinTeleconfBeforeHost>

</schedule>

How can I set attendeeOptions->registration to false?  Any help much appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I was able to duplicate this. Unfortunately, it does look like disabling registration silently fails when using SetMeeting. I will submit a bug report for a future patch. You can manually disable registration in the WebEx user interface in the meantime to allow for join before host.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

nmorrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

registration is a child of attendeeOptions as below. You should not include the auto element.

<attendeeOptions>

<registration>FALSE</registration>

</attendeeOptions>

Thanks for your response Nathan.  Using the code request body below:

<body>

<bodyContent

xsi:type="java:com.webex.service.binding.meeting.SetMeeting">

<schedule>

<openTime>300</openTime>

</schedule>

<attendeeOptions>

<registration>FALSE</registration>

</attendeeOptions>

<meetingkey>585440292</meetingkey>

</bodyContent>

</body>

I still get a 'FAILURE' with error message 'If attendeeOptions::registration=TRUE, you must turn off options which let attendees join the meeting before host'.  If I remove the <openTime> element it says SUCCESS, but the registration value does not change.

Are there any other options that need to be changed so that I can change the registration value?

With SetMeeting, you are updating an already scheduled meeting with existing settings. It is worth a try to place the registration element before openTime in your XML document so that it is possibly processed first. You may need to update the meeting by only setting registration to FALSE, followed by another SetMeeting request to set the openTime. In the meantime, I will work on confirming this behavior in my own testing and submit a bug report to engineering for failing to check updated settings before verifying conditions for join before host.

Thanks Nathan.  I did try a setMeeting request where only the registration field was updated.  Although the response was 'SUCCESS', when I run getMeeting registration still shows as true.  Hopefully you can reproduce the issue at your end.

Hi Nathan, did you manage to reproduce this behavior at your end?  Whatever I do, I can't seem to disable registration (and therefore allow early access).

I was able to duplicate this. Unfortunately, it does look like disabling registration silently fails when using SetMeeting. I will submit a bug report for a future patch. You can manually disable registration in the WebEx user interface in the meantime to allow for join before host.

Thanks for confirming Nathan, and thanks for your work on this over the last few days.  Much appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: