cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why can't invited panelist join event

earlmatney
Level 1
Level 1

I created an event, added panelists (Using the XML API).

I sent each panelist an invitation using our (Acton) API.

Clicking on the URL in the received invitation brings up a page with information for the correct event.

But panelist can't join the event.

They get this response when clicking the "Submit" button:

"Your e-mail address does not match any of panelist's e-mail address specified by the event host. Please re-enter or contact the event host."

I logged into the Webex account, and accessed the event.

The added panelists show in the events panelist listing, and the emails are correct.

I tried sending invitation emails to each panelist (by editing the panelist list), no emails were received.

So there appears to be a problem around using panelist emails.

Our customers are running into this problem, and I can reproduce it.

This has been working for years, now it doesn't.

I need help getting emails to be recognized.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Earl,

Apologies for the delay. This is a result of a combination of the lack of official support for Panelist join links in Event Center coupled with a security update that changed the format and behavior of generated links. Support for Panelist join links in Event Center is tentatively scheduled to be included in XML API 10.0.0 SP5.5 and SP6. If the WebEx sitename you're using is what I believe it is, it's currently XML API 10.0.0 SP5, so it's not quite there yet. I believe SPs 5.5 and 6 are still in the works, so there is no way to test it yet, but a fix is on the way.

Kasey

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

earlmatney
Level 1
Level 1

Further investigation shows that this may be a browser related issue.

Chrome is responding with an event has not started yet message.

Firefox is responding with the email doesn't match any panelist email message.

Hi Earl,

Apologies for the delay. This is a result of a combination of the lack of official support for Panelist join links in Event Center coupled with a security update that changed the format and behavior of generated links. Support for Panelist join links in Event Center is tentatively scheduled to be included in XML API 10.0.0 SP5.5 and SP6. If the WebEx sitename you're using is what I believe it is, it's currently XML API 10.0.0 SP5, so it's not quite there yet. I believe SPs 5.5 and 6 are still in the works, so there is no way to test it yet, but a fix is on the way.

Kasey

earlmatney
Level 1
Level 1

Do we have a fix available yet?

We are telling our customers that we are waiting for a fix from Webex.

Hi Earl,

Can you confirm your WebEx sitename for me? I will check and see if it has been applied to your site yet. If you'd like, you can email it to me directly at kasutton@cisco.com.

Kasey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: