Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Meraki with Azure AD user authentication

Padre880
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

First post here, hopefully this is the right place.

We use Cisco Meraki in our offices, and use Radius/NPS to authentication our end users against the onprem Active Directory.

Since we are migrating to Azure AD (not related to the onprem AD, our company was bought by a bigger one) and we will stop using our onprem AD accounts, I am wondering if Meraki can authenticate my users using their new Azure AD identities?

I digged into the question, but the only things I could find where: how to use MFA with Azure AD, but that still implied the use of an Onprem AD, and the answer NO, since AzureAD uses SAML and not LDAP.

I can't beleive this is not possible with Cisco Meraki, and I'd be happy with anyone who has an idea, or has implemented this already !

Thank you for your help.

8 Replies 8

Padre880
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Unless mistaken, this is to implement SSO for the Meraki Dashboard, and not for end users wireless auth.

But thank you

You mean you looking End user authentication with Azure AD ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Yes exactly

Understand - appolgies for the other document.

As you mentioned that is Limitation as of now there no connection, other option suggested ( Express way VPN) if you have one. not via Internet.

or use any Local Radius and use Azure Cloud may be viable i guess, i have not tested this.

may be good thread : ( appolgies, if you already visited this site).

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Wireless-LAN/Azure-AD-authentication-on-Meraki-WiFi/td-p/50285

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Padre880
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the link.
I've read this already, and feel quite frustrated this is actually still the case: nothing exists to support AzureAD authentication for end users.

Have you found any solutions for this issue ?

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame