cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Could i disconnect between umbrella and AD server?

hscho1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question.

After testing the connection between Umbrella and AD server(Windows 2012), all registered configurations were removed. However, the status of the AD server remains enabled. How can I make this state Disable?

1 Reply 1

Esha Goyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the Domain Controller is running locally the AD Connector, you need to remove both entries from the dashboard. And if you have other AD connectors in your deployment, restart the service.

When a VA or Connector is installed, it registers a corresponding object to the dashboard under:

-->settings -->Sites and Active Directory

The Domain Controller configuration script also registers each DC it is run on to the dashboard. 
All of these objects can be deleted. It is worth noting that this is also where 'Umbrella Sites' can be created, and where the Insights components are divided into these sites, so if you are removing on a site-by-site basis, ensure you only delete the components that are assigned to that site.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: