Views
Helpful
Replies

Forbes.com issue with ScanSafe CWS

mrshahid
Level 1
Level 1

Hello CWS experts,

forbes.com is enforcing the Ads before loading their home page. Since we need to access this site for business reason, we exempted it from CSW in ScanCenter. 

Still forbes.com sites displays below error and thinks that we are blocking Ads and not loading the home page. 

Hi again. Looks like you’re still using an ad blocker. Please turn it off in order to continue into Forbes'ad-light experience.

Can someone please advise.

5 Replies 5

Edan Mudachi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mohammad,

Can you please provide a full screenshot if your internet browser, also I attempted to access forbes.com through the service and had no issue accessing it. Can you please make sure you do not have any local ad blocker software in use?

Sincerely,

Edan Mudachi

Hi Edan,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Please see the attached screenshot. There is no local Ad-blocker installed in system or browser for sure.  This issue is reproducible in (IE, Firefox and Chrome) from all sites in our company where ScanSafe is operational.

When you click 'CONTINUE TO SITE' the page will reload and again shows error below:

"We noticed you still havead blocker enabled. Byturning it off or whitelisting Forbes.com, you can continue to our site and receive the Forbes ad-light experience.""

There is no problem accessing forbes.com from other sites where there is no ScanSafe implementation.

Thanks again for the quick response.

Hi Mohammad,

As this issue seems to be further complex, I recommend you open a TAC case. Please make sure to attach a whoami.scansafe.net output to the case along with a wireshark packet capture while reproducing the issue. This will ensure that the engineer can efficiently troubleshoot your issue.

Sincerely,

Edan Mudachi

Hello Edan,

Okay, I will open a TAC case.

Appreciate your help and guidance.

Regards,

Mohammed Hussain

Absolutely my pleasure! 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: