Views
Helpful
Replies

Umbrella: Seeking advice on "App Discovery" feature

joljol
Level 1
Level 1

Hi community,

I am hoping that some of you can give me advice on the “App Discovery” feature of Umbrella.

Is there any way to get detailed information as to why an apps “weighted risk” has been classified as High or Very High? The reason I am asking this is, I cannot understand why “Verisign DDoS Protection” or “GeoTrust” are classified as High/Very High risks.

1.png

If I click on GeoTrust for more details I am presented with the screenshot below. 

"Elevated risk: financial viability" is highlighted and maxed out in the graph below.

If I hover the mouse over the "i" it states the following."Dun & Bradstreet's Dynamic Risk Score is a statistical model that uses dozens of variables to assess the liklihood that an organization might experience severe financial distress and/or failure in the coming 12 months."

So, according to Dun & Bradstreet's, GeoTrust is likely to experience severe financial distress and/or failure in the coming 12 months. And somehow this is a direct threat to my company and I should consider not approving / blocking it?

2.png

1 Reply 1

aaragonb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi joljol,

You may check more details by performing a Smart Search (under Investigate) of the concerned app URL, for instance:

aaragonb_0-1662388769690.png

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: