Views
Helpful
Replies

Umbrella Virtual Appliance & Azure AD

Redman1804
Level 1
Level 1

Hello 

I have a customer who wishes to use Umbrella Virtual Appliances for Active Directory (AD) integration to benefit from AD identify information in addition to internal IP address visibility.

I am clear from available documentation that this works ok with on-prem Active Directory but my customer uses Azure AD. My question is do Umbrella Virtual Appliances still provide the benefit of AD identify information when using Azure AD only.

Thanks

Redman

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No they do not. Azure AD is not a traditional Windows Active Directory Domain Controller with the necessary user logon records that are collected by the VA via the AD connector and Agent software.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No they do not. Azure AD is not a traditional Windows Active Directory Domain Controller with the necessary user logon records that are collected by the VA via the AD connector and Agent software.

Thanks. I'll advise my customer that the requirement for identity visibility down to username level means they will have to deploy on-prem AD and then hybrid join to both the Azure and on-prem AD at locations where visibility is mandatory.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: