cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unusual ethernet activity and unknown jabber account attached to fraudulent contact (.vcf)

Hello,

I'm a lifelong Mac user, but after importing contacts from a hacked phone, I noticed there was a jabber account added to one of 3 versions of my contacts (.vcf). I have been having issues recently with rogue network devices( a PC server on my local network named after my router, multiple versions of the same device showing simultaneous connection, but with distinct identifiers, and ethernet connections attributed to wifi connections). When I renamed the wifi the old name using the old password was still active, in spite of the fact it no longer technically existed,.

I'm really just confused and hoping someone can tell me how this program would have been useful in infiltrating mac/icloud and related networks. For example, my apple watch can and only ever has connected via wifi, but device credentials have a wired and wireless connections with distinct ip, ipv6, and mac addresses. Apple can offer no help or insight into how this is possible. I will also see similar occurrences with my phone and computer HD connections. 

Any information that can help me make sense of these rogue ethernet connections and how they might relate to jabber are much appreciated.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: