Helpful
Replies

1cluster and dns service records

collinks2
Level 5
Level 5

Hello everyone,
I have the following scenario
Main office - Site A: 1 cucm publisher,1 subcriber and two im & presence servers. Active directory-DC1.Everything is working very well

Site B is a new site. So ,i have the following set up in a lab environment first. 1 publisher ,1 im and presence server and 1 Active directory - DC2.
Dc2 is the secondary domain controller to DC1. AD replication is working well.Dns resolution is also working as well as srv records

Challenges:

The jabber client user is not able log on due to the following error 'cannot communicate with the server '

Since am having two publishers,with different srv records ,the client is finding it difficult to locate the srv record for its own local publisher since all are using the same domain ,example.local.
For instance. user1@example.publisher?ies _cisco-uds._tcp.example.local and the dns returns
publisher1.example. local and publisher2.example.local

Both publisher 1 and publisher 2 make use of the same ldap direcory.What do i set up to allow user1@example.local contact its publisher

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Evgeny Izetov
Level 1
Level 1

It sounds like you need to set up Intercluster Lookup Service (ILS). Then Home Cluster checkbox on end user page will control which cluster Jabber will register to.

View solution in original post

Hello Ev,

I have enabled ILS but i was not able to log in before. I did work around by re-entering  the dns srv records.Also i discovered that i enabled uri in the Enterprise Parameter without enabling uri directory for the users

All these contributed to the success.thanks a lot.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Evgeny Izetov
Level 1
Level 1

It sounds like you need to set up Intercluster Lookup Service (ILS). Then Home Cluster checkbox on end user page will control which cluster Jabber will register to.

Thanks for the quick response.i was equally thinking in that direction but
i assumed ILS is mainly for more than two clusters. I have a sip trunk
already set up between the two publishers.so,should i go ahead and enable
the ILS?

Hello Ev,

I have enabled ILS but i was not able to log in before. I did work around by re-entering  the dns srv records.Also i discovered that i enabled uri in the Enterprise Parameter without enabling uri directory for the users

All these contributed to the success.thanks a lot.