cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7841 phone registered to spark to use Hybrid call service

VON CLAWSON
Level 3
Level 3

We are on the CUWP program and I'm trying to configure things and get a better idea of all capabilities.  I have Hybrid call connect and call aware configured and working.  I can call and receive calls using the spark app.  I'm trying to register a 7841 phone and have it be able to call using my CUCM on prem setup.  Is this possible?  In admin I'm getting an error when I go to add a desk phone.  "Your organization must purchase Cisco Spark Call licenses first. Contact your partner or Cisco Sales for more information."  How can I get this phone registered?

Please rate if this helps.
1 Reply 1

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

It looks like you are trying to register it directly to Spark..ie. in this case call control will be Spark (instead of CUCM) and DID will be provided by Cisco. In this case, you would need a C(1-3) license for it to work. Last I checked, CUWP didnt provide any and you had to buy it separate. Today, its not possible to register the phone to Spark and use the CUCM for outbound dialing. This is supposed to be coming.

To register it to CUCM, you would have to use the CUCM admin interface instead. Spark and CUCM have two different admin interfaces.

Please rate useful posts.