cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8811 Phone MRA Expressway - Update credentials Issue

stevenle
Spotlight
Spotlight

We have a mix of 8800 series phones at staff homes. These phones connect over MRA through our Expressway servers and work just fine. We have a new issue that has just cropped up. In the past, when domain credentials were updated on the company network, the Expressway connected 8800 series phones would simply just log out and default to the Enter Activation code / Domain screen. Users would then just enter the domain and username / password.

For some reason, now the phones just go blank. I changed my password yesterday to test and sure enough, the 8811 phone display only shows the wallpaper. I can get to settings and do everything else but I get no option to enter credentials. I can go through settings and Reset the Service mode and it will boot to the domain screen. At that point everything is fine, but I dislike when something changes in my environment and I can't figure out why. 

Has anyone else noticed this behavior when credentials in CUCM are changed and Expressway connected phones go blank? We have 11.51 SU4 with Expressway X8.10.4 .

3 Replies 3

Newer seen that problem. Maybe you should try to upgrade the firmware on a device to see if that solves the problem.

Response Signature

Thanks for the post. We're on the latest as we updated a few weeks ago to combat the CDP vulnerability found on Cisco 88xx phones. I actually think it is this new firmware that is causing the issue, although I don't see anything on the  bug list. I'll pull the local log from the phone to see if there are any clues there.

We are also on the latest version of the firmware for these phones and have not seen the same behaviour as you reported.

Response Signature