Views
Helpful
Replies

A-Flex-3

tanios191
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

I just purchased a CUCM license for implementation but the seller requested A-FLEX-3 CUCM on premises

How is it different from CUCM 12.5 ?

As I read it is a new way of license and made things easier I already have all the licenses but from where I can download the iso image for the A-FLEX-3 CUCM? As I am familiar with CUCM 12.x implementation what about the VM template where can we find it is it same specs as CUCM 12.x?

Thanks,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Flex-3 is a licensing bundle for Cisco Webex Meeting and Calling. It is a new, simple way of quoting and purchasing licenses for Cisco UC and Collaboration System. It is not different for CUCM 12.5. When you purchase Flex-3 licenses, you should be receiving e-delivery message from Cisco which will include URL to download ISO files. The ISO files and VM templates are not dependent on licensing model whether its CUWL, Flex-2 or Flex-3 licenses.

Just for your reference, the only difference between Flex-2 and Flex-3 is that the following add-on options are not available in Flex 3.0:

• On-Premise Contact Center
  • Webex Contact Center / Webex Enterprise Contact Center Enterprise
  • Cisco Meeting Server
  • Active User Meetings

The above options are only available in Flex 2.0. The major one is "Active User Meetings". If you have a customer who is looking for active user meetings, then Flex 2.0 is the only option.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

You can use the same iso. 

Your flex license will be deposited on your smart account. Register your CUCM node on  your smart account.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

ISO image will be available on MCE portal. CUCM will be the same. 

Response Signature

Thank you Nithin

I already have a cisco CUCM 12.5 iso from previous setup can I use it ?

After completing CUCM setup I need to use flex licenses to register instead of smart software manager licenses or satellite?

You can use the same iso. 

Your flex license will be deposited on your smart account. Register your CUCM node on  your smart account.

Response Signature

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Flex-3 is a licensing bundle for Cisco Webex Meeting and Calling. It is a new, simple way of quoting and purchasing licenses for Cisco UC and Collaboration System. It is not different for CUCM 12.5. When you purchase Flex-3 licenses, you should be receiving e-delivery message from Cisco which will include URL to download ISO files. The ISO files and VM templates are not dependent on licensing model whether its CUWL, Flex-2 or Flex-3 licenses.

Just for your reference, the only difference between Flex-2 and Flex-3 is that the following add-on options are not available in Flex 3.0:

• On-Premise Contact Center
  • Webex Contact Center / Webex Enterprise Contact Center Enterprise
  • Cisco Meeting Server
  • Active User Meetings

The above options are only available in Flex 2.0. The major one is "Active User Meetings". If you have a customer who is looking for active user meetings, then Flex 2.0 is the only option.

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Hello Vaijanath,

I will check from my Cisco partner to have the ISO in place what would differ in ISO image between normal CUCM ISO and A-Flex CUCM on premises ISO

But I need to know the difference between satellite licensing that I am currently using with my CUCM 12.5 and Flex licensing 

Thanks

Hi,

There is no such thing as normal CUCM ISO and Flex ISO. CUCM ISO is same for all licensing types. 

Also, you don't need to do anything to register your new licenses. You can continue to use Smart Software Manager Satellite but make sure you are seeing your new licenses in Smart Account. The methods to register Flex-2 or Flex-3 licenses are same.

Thanks, Vaijanath S.