Views
Helpful
Replies

Ad hoc video conference calls using jabber

eliegerges
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I have implemented Cisco Meeting Server and added a new conference bridge .. to use the ad hoc video conference feature, the test succeeded with SX 10,20 DX 70,80 and 8845 phones but with jabber users the video conference call will drop after a certain time.

Why this behavior with jabber end users ?

Thanks

Elie Gerges

5 Replies 5

lior look
Level 5
Level 5

It sounds like a network issue

Do you try to sniffer that? see what do you get after some RTP packages..and do not forget to play the SIP debug on the CMS side.

Hi Lior,

I will check this with jabber for Desktop cz it seems that both mobile and desktop versions of Jabber have the same behavior.

What i should check regarding SIP debug from CMS GUI ??

Best Regards,

Elie

do you have experiences with video only issue or video+audio issue?

Ad-hoc or rendezvous meeting in the bottom line from CMS perspective is the same.

Check if the issue occurs for regular meeting? try to make a call to space with some participants and look if the Jabber call will drop.

See what exist between the Jabber Users (desktop) to the CMS? FW? or Router with QOS specific plan or something like that..

In CMS console/SSH, take a sniffer also to compare with the sniffer of Jabber client.

To take sniffer you need to set the command "pcap a"  [CTRL+C to stop]

To understand what RTP port is belong to video, audio or sharing content u should to look on the SIP messages between the CMS and the call control server (CUCM for example)

Hi,

your Jabber User are in the same subnetwork of the 8845 Phone?

Best regards,

Marcelo Morais

Hi Marcelo,

Wireless users are not in the same subnetwork.

Best Regards,

Elie

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: