cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add Contacts

smolz
Level 4
Level 4

If i do not have LDAP server configured, it does not seem to let me add contacts?  Is this normal behavior?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Just in case you still have problems, if you don't have an LDAP then you can specify UDS (Cisco Unified Communications Manager User Data Service) as the type of directory service to add contacts. You do this configuring the following in your  jabber-config.xml file that you upload to your TFTP server:

UDS

Hope to help, please remember to rate the post if it does.

Kind regards,

- Adrian.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jasmeet Sandhu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey,

If you don't have LDAP configured, then you can add contacts in two methods:

1) CUPS User option page: https:///ccmuser

-Login there and goto Options -> Contacts -> Add New

2) From the client manually:

Cisco Jabber for Windows : File -> New -> Contact and then enter the Userid@cupsdomain

Let me know how this works.

Regards,

Jas

Hi Jasmeet,

What if you do have LDAP integration?

With CUPC we used to be able add contacts that were not part of AD, and add phone numbers as well. We seem to have lost that with Jabber for Windows.

Hey Josh,

Currently the limitation on Jabber is that you can only add users how are Licensed User for CUP only.

I understand that in CUPC we can add external contacts who are not part of the domain and even have their contact info stored, however, that functionality is not available in Jabber as of yet.

This is a planned feature for the next Cisco Jabber release where we can then add extenal or personal contacts.

Regards,

Jas

Hi,

Just in case you still have problems, if you don't have an LDAP then you can specify UDS (Cisco Unified Communications Manager User Data Service) as the type of directory service to add contacts. You do this configuring the following in your  jabber-config.xml file that you upload to your TFTP server:

UDS

Hope to help, please remember to rate the post if it does.

Kind regards,

- Adrian.

is there a way to do this for mac clients?

Currently there is no way of doing this in the MAC clients as they take their config directly from the CUPS server.

Thanks It works !!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: