Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

add new buddy doesn't work

Hi

Since some days, it's not possible to add new buddies from the internal directory (EDI) anymore. In reality: the buddy will be added and then automaticly removed. You see it for a short time (0.5s) in the buddy list and then its gone.

Adding external buddies to the buddy list does still work.

We have the problem on differnt clients and also different jabber for windows version 9.0.2 and 9.0.3.

We also delete all the local Jabber/CFS Files in the users profile.

Has anybody an idear where to search the problem? In the attachment you see the adding und deleting process.

Thx

Phil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Phil,

Are the users that you are trying to add are licensed CUP users? Jabber for Windows canot add user that are not CUP enabled at the moment.

CSCua02063: Jabber for windows 9.0.1 - Cannot add contacts that are not CUP licensed

CSCua02063

Thanks,

Maqsood

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Phil,

Are the users that you are trying to add are licensed CUP users? Jabber for Windows canot add user that are not CUP enabled at the moment.

CSCua02063: Jabber for windows 9.0.1 - Cannot add contacts that are not CUP licensed

CSCua02063

Thanks,

Maqsood

Hi Maqsood

Thx for help. I'm very happy to hear from you. It's good to know, that's not my fault or a wrong infrastructur problem by my side.

Is there a hotfix on the way or must we wait to 9.1 in Q4 2012?

Could you have a look on this discussion? Maybe you have good news for our request

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3673280#3673280

greetings Phil

Hi Philip,

There is currently an SR opened for the exact same issue. I will let you know if a defect is raised for this behavior.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Hi Maqsood

Do you know the status of this issue?

In Jabber 9.1.0.12296 the problem still exists.

Thanks Phil

Hi Phil,

Sorry, this defect is still not fixed. At the moment it has not been prioritized for an upcoming release. Please continue to track the progress via Bug toolkit.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: