Helpful
Replies

After deleted user ldap voice mail cannot not found again

salah gobbaa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a CUCM and Cisco Unity 11.0 and an LDAP

i have a probleme with voicemail box cannot display in jabber.

I tryed to delete user using cli commande, but this user cannot found again.

i used this commende to delete it:

run sql select userid, pkid from enduser where userid = '1234'

run cuc dbquery unitydirdb SELECT ObjectId from vw_User WHERE Alias = '1234'

run cuc dbquery unitydirdb EXECUTE PROCEDURE csp_UserDelete (pObjectId = 'full objectid that was returned from above query').

to resolve this error i tryed to recy the db but not working:

(1) Stopped the replication on all the nodes by running the command "utils dbreplication stop" (1st on sub's and then on pub)
(2) Ran the command "utils dbreplication dropadmindb" on all the nodes (1st the pub and then the sub's)
(3) Ran the command "utils dbreplication reset all" on the publisher.

any one can help me to resolve this issue?

Regards,

Salah Gobaa

18 Replies 18

I have a CUCM and Cisco Unity 11.0 and an LDAP >> CUC users are hey synced from CUCM or LDAP ? 

I tryed to delete user using cli commande, but this user cannot found again. Why you didn't delete it through GUI ?

what's  the error message on Jabber, can you please translate it.

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

the error message on Jabber is "User Name or password incorrect please contact your administrator".

Thank You,

Hi,

thank you for  reply.

CUC users are hey synced from CUCM or LDAP ?  from LDAP.

Why you didn't delete it through GUI ? becouse i cannot delete it  from GUI, when i check from cli i found it.

the error message on Jabber is "User Name or password incorrect please contact your administrator".

Deleting CUC user synced with LDAP .

The behavior is different when Unity Connection  integrated with an LDAP directory:

• If Unity Connection is integrated with an LDAP directory, you must delete the user both in the LDAP directory and in Unity Connection. If you delete the user only in Unity Connection, the LDAP user is unaffected. If you delete the user only in the LDAP directory, in Unity Connection Administration, the Status area on the Edit User Basics page for that user indicates that the Unity Connection user is inactive. The status cannot be changed manually, but after 48 hours, the user is automatically converted to a regular Unity Connection user, and the message in the Status area no longer appears.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/12x/administration/guide/b_12xcucsag/b_12xcucsag_chapter_011.html#ID-2419-000001a0

the error message on Jabber is "User Name or password incorrect please contact your administrator". this error you got  before deleting  or after deleting the user  ?

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

Thank you for your response,

About the delete of user both in the LDAP directory and in Unity Connection, I will try to do it and i chek the result.

and about the error is displayed in the jabber before deleting the user.

Hi Nithin,

about this question: the error message on Jabber is "User Name or password incorrect please contact your administrator". this error you got  before deleting  or after deleting the user  ? this error before deleting the user, and just for information , we have other user user is working correctly but same user displayed this error.

Hello,

I was deleted the user both in the LDAP directory and in Unity Connection but when search it in CUC i cannot found.

If you delete user from unity connection(CUC) and ldap how can you expect that user still available on CUC.

Response Signature

Yes it is true to delete it, but then I created it at AD but unfortunately I did not find it at CUC

Can you please outline what you do, in as much details as possible and also describe the outcome that you seek to achieve? At the moment it is not very clear what you do or what you expect to achieve.

Response Signature

hello,

first i have a problem seeing the message history at cisco jabber level.to solve this problem I took the following procedure:I tried to delete the Jabber user from the cisco unity  using the the web interface but it does not work , the user still existing.

then i try to delete it from the cli interface for the cisco unity:

i used this commende to delete it:

run sql select userid, pkid from enduser where userid = '1234'

run cuc dbquery unitydirdb SELECT ObjectId from vw_User WHERE Alias = '1234'

run cuc dbquery unitydirdb EXECUTE PROCEDURE csp_UserDelete (pObjectId = 'full objectid that was returned from above query').

Now i refer the sync with LDAP but the user not found again.

Thank You

There is some gaps in your understanding of how this works. Jabber has nothing to do with Unity Connection. CUC is used for voice mail. Users for Jabber exists in Communication Manager and in Unified Presence Server. Furthermore the message history in Jabber is stored locally on the clients computer.

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

thank you for your reply,

yes exactly i understand , but i cannot access to the voice mail, and this error is displayed:

you find attached the screenshot.

Thank you

Have you created the user again in CUC? It doesn't get there by itself even if it exists in AD.

image.png
In CUC go to Users > Import Users > Find End Users In, select LDAP Directory and search for the user with appropriate information, where Alias would be the user name. You can also search by First or Last name. Once found select it in the list, set the user template to use and select Import Selected.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: