cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

After Expressway X8.5.2 Upgrade Jabber for iPhone and Android disconnect / wrong password

Jakub Stroinski
Level 4
Level 4

Yesterday we upgraded our Expressway C and E to X8.5.2 from X8.2.1

Now, our Jabber for iOS and Jabber for Android devices are disconnecting more frequently. When the application is re-opened, the user is told that their password is wrong. If they re-enter their password, it will connect but will disconnect again eventually.

When switching between the office Wi-Fi and the cellular network, Jabber sometimes reconnects after a long period of time or sometimes never. Sometimes it's IM that doesn't reconnect or sometimes it's Phone Services that does not reconnect.

It is difficult to pinpoint a pattern but it is visibly less stable than the previous version we were using. No other configuration changes have taken place.

Reason for upgrade was due to no ringback tone when dialing outside numbers using Expressway

49 Replies 49

I am using on the UCM this version 10.5.2.12900-14 and in the IM and Presence this one 10.5.1.10000-9.

I have downgraded to version 8.5.1 on the Expressway and all is working fine. There is not problem with other Expressway functionalities (B2B calls) in the version 8.5.3 but with the RMA, we have two pairs of Expressway, for the JabberGuest and B2B environment we have the 8.5.3 Expressway version and all seems to be working fine, for the RMA environment we have the version 8.5.1.

You should upgrade your IM and Presence as well to 10.5(2)

IM and Presence upgraded to 10.5.2.22900-2, no luck. Same issue here, had to downgrade them again to get them working.

I'm having same issue. CUCM and IM&P are on 10.5(2). Exp-C and E are on 8.5.3.

Will try to downgrade and see how it goes.

Edit: Issue resolved after downgrading.

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Rejohn Cuares
Level 4
Level 4

Upgraded -C and -E to version X8.6 today, not getting the error about Cluster not found.

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.