cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Amount of external IP’s required - Collaboration home lab

Ted S
Level 1
Level 1

I’m trying to build a home lab for collaboration applications. Calling myself internally is starting to get boring so I’m thinking of having the expressway pair for MRA and CMR calling and a sip trunk (maybe vCUBE) for PSTN.

Now for real life, we have individual natted Public IP’s for each externally accessible server but at home can only really have 1. My question is, could I get away with just one public IP, I assume I’ll have to change some ports on either the Expressway E or the SIP Router.

thanks in advanced!

1 Reply 1

Anurag Srivastava1
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello Ted,

Yes i think one IP will be sufficient for both purpose.

But for MRA you basically don't need any public ip for lab setup actually:-)

You can setup two DNS one internal (already you have) and one more and just configure the external domain with _collab-edge SRV with A record of expressway E. And you can install jabber on it and try logging it i am sure it will work :-) thats how i prepared my lab.

But yes if you want to cloud connect and all then definitely you need a public IP.

Thanks

Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable...

Thanks
Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable....
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: