cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Are PVDM3 DSPs supported for multipoint call escalation for Cisco Jabber

Michael Boscia
Level 4
Level 4

I can't seem to find any documentation that confirms or denies that I can create a video conferencing resource out of PVDMv3 resources on an ISR G2 and set it up as a video device in an MRG on CUCM and have it act as the conferencing resource for Cisco Jabber users that want to have multi-party calls.

Does this work or not?

9 Replies 9

Liz Bentler
Level 1
Level 1

We are looking for the same confirmation.  I think they can via escalating a chat to a video.  There does seem to be some features lost when using the PVDM3 resources versus the MCU.

I'm looking for real-world experience with this scenario as well. 

We have vpdm3-64 DSP's.  They only support switching, but if everyone is on a jabber client I would assume there isn't a need to transcode.

Has anyone actually done this?

Hi Dave

I've been meaning to try this for a while, but one of my customers beat me to it - he tells me that it worked OK.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

If I am informed correctly, for video you need PVMD3-128 cards, minimum. Keep that in mind.

Regards
Erik

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

The documentation states that PVDM3-64 will work for video as long as it doesn't need to be transcoded.  I'm thinking that since the jabber clients will all connect with the same codec that this "should" work. 

Hi Dave/Erik

That's the scenario that was tested.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Do you happen to know if desktop sharing was also tested in this scenario?

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott,

PVDM3 is limited, in terms of multipoint video facility. Desktop sharing is not supported. You need to go with an MCU.

Kind regards,

Mariano.

Hi Dave Prescutti

Please share the link.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: