Views
Helpful
Replies

Ask the Expert: Jabber for Windows 9.2 - Configuration and Features

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Read the bioWith Maqsood Mushtaq

Welcome to the Cisco Support Community Ask the Expert conversation. This is an opportunity to learn how to install, configure, and troubleshoot Cisco Jabber for Windows 9.2 with Cisco engineer Maqsood Mushtaq. With Cisco Jabber for Windows 9.2, you can now define multiple comma-separated values to filter search queries, use different product modes, and set up secure audio and video traffic. In this session, you’ll learn what requirements are necessary in order to set up the client properly and new features in this release.

Maqsood Mushtaq is a software engineer at Cisco in the Clients and Mobility Business Unit in Galway. He has provided support/bug fixes for Cisco Unified Personal Communicator (UPC) 8.x and Cisco Unified Communications Integration for Microsoft Office Communicator/Lync. Currently he supports Cisco Jabber for Windows. This includes setup, configuration, tracking customer feedback, and maintenance releases. He has over three and a half years of experience in working with Cisco Unified Communications applications, including work as a developer on visual voicemail for Cisco IP phones, Cisco Phone Designer, and Cisco UPC 8.x. He also has worked with Java MIDlets, C#, .NET, Windows Presentation Foundation, and InstallShield.

Remember to use the rating system to let Maqsood know if you have received an adequate response. 

Maqsood might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Remember that you can continue the conversation on the Collaboration, Voice and Video sub-community   discussion forum shortly after the event. This event lasts through June 14, 2013. Visit this forum often to view responses to your questions and the questions of other community members.

32 Replies 32

alfonso.cornejo
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Maqsood,

I've configured CUCM and IM&P v9.1 and jabber client 9.2(1), the  chat works fine and also the Cisco Unified Client Services Framework  Device can make and receive calls but if I try to select the desk phone  for calls it just keeps trying to select it but it doesn't work.

Is there and special config besides the normal CUCM and IM&P v9.x integration in order to use the desk phone????

What do you think can be causing this??

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Alfonso,

if you have created the desk phone device following all the steps in "Create Desk Phone Devices", then below are some more steps that you can check:

• Desk phone is associated to the end user
  • User is part of the Standard CTI Enabled user group profile
  • Desk phone has the option “Allow CTI Control” selected
  • User is connecting to the same CUCM server where the desk phone is registered
  • Desk phone does not belong to the Standard CTI Secure Connection user group, if it does then remove from the group
  • If it is a round table phone (9971, 9951), the option “Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Connected Xfer and conf” permission is enabled for the user in CUCM

Thanks,

Maqsood

alfonso.cornejo
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Maqsood,

I've configured CUCM and IM&P v9.1 and jabber  client 9.2(1), the  chat and the calls work fine but when I try to log  in Phone Accounts -> Voicemail I get an error about the credentials, I  have all integrated with Active Directory and the user and password  that I'm using for voicemail is the same that I use to log in the jabber  client wich worked fine.

Here I attached the error screen.

Thanks in advance.

Hi had a similar problem, have you enabled the following in Unity Connection so the two systems can communicate correctly

These are enabled under the Class of Service for the specified users in Unity Connection

Allow Users to Access Voice Mail Using an IMAP Client and/or Single Inbox

Checked

Allow IMAP Users to Access Message Bodies

Selected

Cheers

ChrisB

Hello Chris,

I've verified that and it is configured, what I noticed is that I tried to login to the x.x.x.x/ciscopca (with the Unity's IP) and it  didn't work, I have my cucm integrated with ldap and in  my cuc I  imported the users from the cucm. It seems that the authentication using  the ldap users is broken in the cuc.

Have you tried the synchronize credentials with coicemail service setting in UCM - IM and Presence server?

"To synchronize credentials with the voicemail service, select Unified CM - IM and Presence from the Credentials source for voicemail service drop-down list.

Unified CM - IM and Presence  uses the instant messaging and presence credentials to log in to the  voicemail service. As a result, users do not need to enter their  credentials for voicemail services in the client."

Thanks,

Maqsood

Hi Maqsood,

Did that and it is still not showing the voice mails (attached image) and when I click the Option, I didn't see any "Phone Account" option available.

In order to have this feature working the CUC has to be integrated with the LDAP server???

Thanks in advance.

Hi Maqsood,

At the end I did the integration CUC - LDAP and it worked!

The  documentation doesn't tell you that the CUC - LDAP integration is a  must in order to have the Voicemail working in the Jabber. (Or I didn't  find it)

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Dear Alfonso,

you wrote:

"I have my cucm integrated with ldap and in  my cuc I  imported the users from the cucm."

This is probably your problem. Unity should also be intergrated with LDAP and users imported from LDAP (not CUCM).

If you do so then you can check in CUCM: Service Profile Configuration -Voicemail Profile - Credentials source for voicemail service to Unified CM - IM and Pressence.

After this actions Jabber will auto log in VoiceMail and you won't need to enter it manually.

PS, Make sure to fill correctly Phone Number Conversion under LDAP. Extension number have to mach used in CUCM when you do import.

Hope this help.

Cheers,

Lukasz

Hi Lukaz,

The  documentation doesn't tell you that the CUC - LDAP integration is a  must in order to have the Voicemail working in the Jabber. (Or I didn't  find it)

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your help.

Regards

orochi_yagami
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Expert,

I'm using the Jabber for Windows 9.2.1. When i click on the Option, i didn't see any "Phone Account" option available.

What could be the reason?

TIA

Hi,

Same thing happened to me.

Any ideas???

Phone Account tab is not visible when when the voicemail credentials are synched with presence credentials.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Hi Orochi,

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: