cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ask the Expert: Preparing Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.x to Support Cisco Jabber for Android/­­iPhone

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Read the bioWith Rajamani Nallakaruppan

Welcome to the Cisco Support Community Ask the Expert conversation. Learn from Cisco expert Rajamani Nallakaruppan on how to prepare Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.x to Support Cisco Jabber for Android/­­iPhone.

Cisco Jabber for Android/iPhone delivers enterprise telephony calling features and corporate directory lookup directly from Android/iPhone devices. Cisco Jabber is client software for your smartphone that runs in the background, so you can simultaneously access other applications on your Android/iPhone device. You can place and receive business calls through your Cisco IP telephony system whether using your corporate Wi-Fi network, other Wi-Fi networks, or a mobile data network in order to avoid costly cellular minutes and international toll charges.

Rajamani Nallakaruppan is a support engineer in the Cisco Technical Assistance Center in India. He is an expert on Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unified Communication Applications, Voice Gateways, and Cisco TelePresence. He holds a bachelor of engineering degree in electronics and communication and also holds CCNA, CCNA Voice, CCVP, and MCP certification.

Remember to use the rating system to let Rajamani know if you have received an adequate response.

Rajamani might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Remember that you can continue the conversation on the Collaboration Voice and Video sub-community discussion forum shortly after the event.  This event is a continuation of the Facebook forum and lasts through August 28 2012.  Visit this forum often to view responses to your questions and the questions of other community members.

17 Replies 17

Hi Kevin,

Yep, you are correct. The user id has to be the same so that the user information can be pulled out from both the servers. You can create the user in the CUCM with the username in the email id format.

Regards

Rajamani

Hi, Rajamani

Thanks for your reply. But it really confuses me.

Just use my example again, I have a user Mike Price in MS LDAP, his user ID is mike.price and e-mail ID is mike.price@xtra.co.nz, according to your first half answer, I must create mike.price as user ID in CUCM/CUPS, but according to your second half answer, the last sentence, I also so can create user ID mike.price@xtra.co.nz in CUCM/CUPS which is Mike’s e-mail ID format. So both ways will work? If the second way also work, then the user ID in MS LDAP and CUCM/CUPS do NOT have to be same.

Regards

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

The username should be the same in both the UC and the Exchange server. Since you dont have the LDAP integration done on the CUCM, you cant change the Username attribute in your LDAP mapping from saMAccountName to Email Address. So on your CUCM/CUPS, the userid should be mike.price@xtra.co.nz and then on your Exchange server/AD , the user id has to be the same mike.price@xtra.co.nz. Please note that if you have a Proxy domain name set up in your CUPS server then the username will be suffixed with the domain xtra.co.nz, so make sure that you dont get the domain name two times.

Regards

Rajamani

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: