Views
Helpful
Replies

Attachments in Jabber and multiple clients

kkelly
Level 1
Level 1

Question:

I have users that have both and iPhone and PC with jabber clients loaded, associated to the user and on the same local network.  When chatting the conversation is echoed (send and receive) on both devices.  This doesn't seem to hold true when attachments are sent.

Attachments are not "duplicated" across the devices.  How does IM/P decide device gets the attachment? Is this normal behavior?

-Kevin-

4 Replies 4

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Seems to be normal behavior of multiple device messaging:

"File transfer is only available on the active device which sent or received the file"\
Source: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/configAdminGuide/12_0_1/cup0_b_config-admin-guide-imp-1201/cup0_b_config-admin-guide-imp-1201_chapter_01101.html

Haven't tried it, but It should work with MFT as you actually get a link to download from the repository.

With P2P it's expected to only get it on the active device.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

MDM doens't replicate the link unfortunately. There are times where it would be handy to have that so I can pull up something I've sent someone from my phone. It does work with pChat if you are sending files in the pChat room.

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

This is one of the limitation of Multiple Device Messaging (MDM) for Cisco Jabber. File transfer is not supported. Files are available only on the active devices that sent or received the file. Here is the URL:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/12_7/cjab_b_feature-configuration-for-jabber-127/cjab_b_feature-configuration-for-jabber-127_chapter_010.html#reference_D6E75BB16E7E2C1EDCFB30045D4A4208 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: