cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Audio and Video device changes

Kyle LoPrimo
Level 4
Level 4

I noticed in version 9.1, that if I add a different micrpophone/speaker or camera after I start Jabber for Windows that the client does not recognize the new device and needs to be restarted.  On the beta versions this was not the behavior as anytime I added a new device, Jabber recognized those devices without having to be restarted. Has anyone else reported this behavior?

1 Reply 1

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kyle,

Is the device you are using is one of the supported devices? When you plugin the device do you not see it in Option > Audio tab or is it listed but not selected device? Would you be willing to upload a problem report here for quick investigation?

• Exit client
  • Clear all log files under "C:\Users\userxxx\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Logs"
  • Restart Jabber and reproduce the problem.
  • Launch problem report (Help > Report a problem...). In comments area, specify device name that was plugged in.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: