Views
Helpful
Replies

Audio Only Conference with Webex

ehaag
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We currently use MPE 2.1 for conferencing and need to upgrade due to EOL. We have two options that are being looked at, 1. MP8.5 with WebEx SAAS, 2. WebEx Meeting Server. One of the questions being asked is, if you run an audio only meeting on CWMS does someone need to log into WebEx to initiate the the conference? I know you can set it up to do dial back but it doesn't say how the meeting must be initiated. I have looked through many documents and found nothing regarding this topic. We have also requested an answer from our Cisco Rep but I thought I might get the answer faster from the people who are actually using this product.

Thanks,

Ed                    

5 Replies 5

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ed,

Cisco WebEx Meetings Server offers a new option in 1.5 release called Personal Conferencing which allows you to have an audio only meeting without the need to join the web portion (you can join web portion as well if needed).

Here is the snippet from the release notes:

Personal Conferencing

Release 1.5 introduces the concept of Personal Conferencing, which  lets you quickly start the audio portion of a WebEx meeting at any time.   Meeting hosts and invitees dial a WebEx call-in number and enter the  appropriate codes to start or join the meeting. If necessary, you and  your participants can join the online meeting, which is started along  with the audio portion of the meeting. This feature must be enabled from  the Administration site and meeting hosts must create a Personal  Conference account and PIN.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/collaboration/CWMS/1_5/Release_Notes.html#concept_07C9F3ADB0774AE2A2F6ED6D8DD27CE6

As CWMS 1.5 was released yesterday, there weren't any documents talking about this prior to that date. Please, take a look at updated CWMS 1.5 documentation for more details.

I hope this will help.

-Dejan

Dejan,

Thank you very much for the info. My boss will be happy to hear that this is now a feature of the new version.

Thanks again,

Ed

Christian Isla
Level 1
Level 1

Is this also possible with hosted webex?

A flavor of this can be found on MeetingPlace integration with WebEx SaaS as audio is hosted on MeetingPlace side.

As for WebEx SaaS only, I am not aware of all the features, and you might be better off talking to WebEx Support directly or with your Cisco Account Team who can get WebEx Sales Engineers involved who knows WebEx SaaS inside and out.

-Dejan

hello ? can you told me about cisco how can i make audio call ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: