Views
Helpful
Replies

Automatically set deskphone mode in Jabber for Windows 9.6

Tobias Bachetta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I wanted to know how I have to configure the jabber-config.xml and/or the installer .msi to automatically set the Jabber mode to "deskphone" after the user logs in the first time. All our users have a deskphone configured so I can manually change to deskphone mode after login.

We are running Cisco Jabber For Windows 9.6 and CUCM 9.1 with IM & Presence 9.1.

In the jabber-config.xml is the following line:

<InitialPhoneSelection>deskphone</InitialPhoneSelection>

But that does not work. Is there something else to configure to make this work?

Thanks!

Tobias Blachetta

7 Replies 7

Tobias Bachetta
Level 1
Level 1

Does nobody know how the "IntitialPhoneSelection" works? Any hint maybe?

There is a bug for this: CSCua58112

According to https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2175043 , that functionality is slated for Jabber for Windows 10.

Gareth

volks79volks79
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking to deploy Jabber 9.6 client to windows 7 computers via SCCM.

I'm trying to use the msi commands/switches to make sure it defaults to " IM & Presence " and set to a default server when the user first launches the client but have been unable to do so with 9.6 client. The client always opens up with the "automatic" mode selected.

Can you anyone provide the correct msi switches or workaround?

thanks,

volks79volks79
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the suggestions but would know the exact swtich that would set the jabber client to startup with " IM & Presence " selected and a specified default server? I have tried several switches and nothing seems to work. When jabber opens for the first time it defaults to the entry asking for an email address and the continue button. If I enter a fake email address and click on Continue, I then get the option to manually setup the configuration but that configuration alwasy defaults to Automatic.

Let me know if you can help. thanks.

My Jabber 9.6 Client starts with username and password mask.

I dont know if a jabber-config.xml is required, but we have the following configured in it:

cucmpublisher.domain.com

cucmsubscriber.domain.com

cucmpublisher.domain.com

And the Jabber install.msi is configured with these parameters:

AUTHENTICATOR                    CUP

CUP_ADDRESS                      cucmpublisher.domain.com

CLEAR                                   1

CTI                                          cucmpublisher.domain.com

SERVICES_DOMAIN               domain.com

VOIP_SERVICES_DOMAIN     domain.com

LOGIN_RESOURCE                MUT

TFTP                                      cucmpublisher.domain.com

If you configure the client like this, the server is set as automatic, but it uses your CUCM server address and you can directly login with username and password after installation.

Hope that helps!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: