cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bug CSCvy68527: Jabber 12.9(5) and 12.9(6) crashes - probably related to Jabra headset

mat_herrmann
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

my Jabber application crashs sometimes. Unfortunately this happens several times a day. Sometimes even several times an hour.

The crashs are not not reproducible. Sometimes it crahes during the use of MS Teams and sometimes just in idle mode. I cannot see any hint in the Jabber logs. In the fulldump there is a note which might link the crash to my Jabra headset. It says:

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - Die Anweisung in 0x%p verwies auf Arbeitsspeicher bei 0x%p. Der Vorgang %s konnte im Arbeitsspeicher nicht durchgef hrt werden.
(A possible translation might be: The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The memory could not be %s.)
... SYMBOL_NAME: JabraJabberPlugin!uninitialize+13493 MODULE_NAME: JabraJabberPlugin IMAGE_NAME: JabraJabberPlugin.dll

Please find the full result of WinDBG attached.

Do you have any clue how to get that problem fixed?

Kind regards,

Matthias

15 Replies 15

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

This may not be an exact match to your issue, but there is a known bug with Jabber 12.9 and Jabra headsets.  The bug has to do with call control via the headset, but worth looking in to.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvy06023

From what I have gathered from Cisco, tt has been reported with Jabra Evolve 30/40/65, 510 Speaker and Plantronics Voyager. Features work inconsistently. Issue is fixed in new version

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

Thanks for your helpful hint, @Andrew Skelly! I tried the steps in the linked bug and this leads to the same behaviour on my machine. Jabber crashes and the analysis of the fulldump looks same than in my case (see attachement below). So I hope installing the new version 14.0.1.55914 or newer will also fix my crashes.

Thank you!

Hello Mat,

There are two things that jump out at me. First, If your PC's OS is running Windows 8 I do think you have a bigger issue (as this is EOS/EOL from Microsoft). Second, It does look like Jabra is causing the issue. That said I do not think it is the Headset in particular but rather a plugin that looks like loaded on your PC as well (JabraJabberPlugin) I do believe that Jabra has a newer software that may suit you better (JabraDirect).

Regards,

Sergio Quezada

Hello @Sergio Quezada,

thanks for your thinkings!

Regarding the windows version it actually is windows 10 enterprise version 2009 build 20H2 (latest approved version in our company). So I think this should not be the problem.

Concerning JabraDirect I have to say that I am already in use of this software since I have the Jabra headset. Current version running is 5.4.33519 which is the latest official availible one. Firmware of the dongle ("jabra link 380") ist 1.10.9 and firmware of the headset is 2.6.0. Either of them as latest version availible.

I'm not really deep into Jabber software so I do not know whether the problem causing plugin is shipped with jabber by cisco or sideloaded via jabra direct. The only thing I know is that the dll is inside the folder of cisco jabber. Therefore I guess that it was shipped with jabber by cisco. Maybe this dll is fixed in the version 14...?

Unfortunately I got the information from our it service that we cannot update to version 14 of jabber because of the basic required infrastructure versions. Our SIP environment only supports jabber 12

Kind regards,

Matthias

Because I cannot edit my last message due to uncorrect HTML-code (?) I reply again.

In the cisco jabber folder you can also find dlls for e.g. plantronics, sennheiser and logitech - which I do not own or use. That's why I think that these files - including the one for jabra - are shipped by cisco.

That is correct. Jabber does install some integration files for audio.

Cisco Jabber Integrations:
https://help.webex.com/en-us/2sk622/Cisco-Jabber-Integrations#topic_B55467E05294EDE74FC764C7516F208E

Sergio Quezada
Level 1
Level 1

Here are a few steps you can try to clean the bats out of the attic....

Jabber for Windows Crash Dump Analysis with the WinDbg Tool:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/jabber-windows/116333-technote-windbg-00.html

How Do I Clear the Cache in Cisco Jabber for Windows?
https://help.webex.com/en-us/WBX72595/How-Do-I-Clear-the-Cache-in-Cisco-Jabber-for-Windows

Crash Dump Analysis was already done as you can read in the first post. The dump is attached so I wonder what you are missing here?

The cache was cleared a few times by our it service. So this is unfortunately not a working solution.

As stated in the first posts it seems that there is a bug. This was also fixed in version 14 and above. So what I need is a bugfix for version 12. Can you help here?

Howdy Mat.  I'm not sure if this version has the bug in it or not, but it did just come out two weeks ago (on 6/3).  Jabber 12.9(6).  The bug search tool only calls out 12.9(4), 12.9(5) and 14.0(1) as being impacted by it, with the fixed version being 14.0.1.55914.  Interestingly enough though, the bug is not called out anywhere in the release notes for Jabber 12.9(5) or 12.9(4) - https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/12_9/cjab_b_release-notes-cisco-jabber-129/cjab_b_release-notes-cisco-jabber-129_chapter_010.html

It might be worth checking with Cisco TAC if the bug I mentioned previously is indeed fixed in 12.9(6) or if it is bending a fix for a future release of 12.9.  Not sure how prevalent this is in your environment, but the only other options that I can recommend would be either downgrading to an earlier version of Jabber such as 12.9(3) or swapping out headsets for a different make/model.  Neither option is ideal but would get you to a working state until you are able to upgrade to the fixed version.

Hello @Andrew Skelly,

thank you very much for the update. Looking at Release Notes for Cisco Jabber 12.9 - What's New in Release 12.9 [Cisco Jabber for Windows] - Cisco I can only see version 12.9(6) for Mac and Android. Is there also a version 12.9(6) for windows? I have 12.9(5) (12.9.5.55511 Build 305511) running.

The only bug which I can see at the caveats is the bug mentioned by you above (CSCvs57616 ). As stated from me above this bug CSCvs57616  causes the same crashes on my machine as I also get sometimes unaccountably.

Downgrade or any other download from software here reguieres me to update my profile with an adress which I can not do because the profile manager does not load...

There is a version for Windows found here: 

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/284324806/type/284006014/release/12.9(6)?i=!pp

However when you go to that link you will see a hyperlink for Release Notes.  Unfortunately that link, while it does say for 12.9(6), takes you to the release notes for 14.0.

So now I have 12.9(6) running. Having a try with the procedure in the bug CSCvy06023 it seems that this is fixed in 12.9(6). Unfortunately there is still the same issue on my machine (and on different machines from some colleagues).

So maybe I get our it support convinced to open a TAC case in the near future...

mat_herrmann
Level 1
Level 1

So finally our it support opened a TAC case and now there is an official bug report.

Hello,

any news regarding this topic? We seem to have the same Problem with our Jabra Engage Headsets and Jabber 12.9.6.

The mentioned Bug CSCvy68527 has the status "fixed", but i do not see how.

Thank you in advance,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: