Views
Helpful
Replies

Bugs Cisco Jabber 11.8.0 - Recents / Transfer

florian.moraru
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

the Cisco Jabber Client 11.8.0 was released recently and we found some bugs that should not appear.

Mac Client:

The Recent Calls ("Recents") count up indefinitely until you restart your jabber client.

Windows Client:

If you want to transfer a incoming call, the video chat window (Video Stopped) blocks the tranfer button and you can't move it.

Do you have any solutions for this problems?

Kind regards

Florian

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

phillips.chris
Level 1
Level 1

I opened a TAC case on the "Video Stopped" bug in the windows client.  So far I haven't had luck in getting the TAC engineer to even acknowledge if he understands my request, despite providing screen shots similar to yours above.  

This issue exists in 11.8.0, 11.8.1, 11.8.2 and persists even if you set <EnableVideo>false</EnableVideo> in jabber-config.xml 

View solution in original post

Looks like this is fixed in 11.8.3.  These issues are very frustrating to say the least.  I think Cisco can definitely improve on their quality control when it comes to their UC client applications.  It makes me wonder if they even test the software before releasing it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

phillips.chris
Level 1
Level 1

I opened a TAC case on the "Video Stopped" bug in the windows client.  So far I haven't had luck in getting the TAC engineer to even acknowledge if he understands my request, despite providing screen shots similar to yours above.  

This issue exists in 11.8.0, 11.8.1, 11.8.2 and persists even if you set <EnableVideo>false</EnableVideo> in jabber-config.xml 

Looks like this is fixed in 11.8.3.  These issues are very frustrating to say the least.  I think Cisco can definitely improve on their quality control when it comes to their UC client applications.  It makes me wonder if they even test the software before releasing it.

mcaldogne
Level 3
Level 3

Hi!

We have this issue  too, tried to update to version 11.8(2) but without success.

As workaround I suggest to  maximize the chat windows and leave it open in the background.

Thanks

Mirko

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: