cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk removal of contacts

craigp
Level 4
Level 4

So, the bulk import works great to add contacts.

Is there anyway to automatically remove contacts when staff leave the company?

We currently use office communicator and it allows us to remove the contacts from

everyones lists. Granted it's not hard to right click and select remove.....but our end

user community will see that as a negative change.

It's too bad the bulk import didn't have another field for ADD/REMOVE

21 Replies 21

I fully agree with you. Cisco should add feature in the bulk to export the full contact list of the user not only add. This will help to cusomise user contacts.

Is it possible to add Calendar integration to all users with out their involvement? Now user has to Check the Caledar Intergration check box either in the Options page of Cisco Jabber or in the User portal. Please advise how admin can force the users to use calendar integration at the time of installation.

The Official release is 10.0 of CUPS in Nov.

I believe the setting on the client (Options > Integration > Calendar Integration) is different than the setting that can be changed on the User Options page (User Options > Preferences > Calendar Settings).  I noticed that if I change one, it does not update the other.  Also it appears that the setting on the User Options page requires the use of a Calendaring Gateway,

As far as I can tell the setting on the client is not stored on the server.  I also do not see a way to configure that setting from the jabber-config.xml file

Cisco Jabber for Windows 9.2.x Installation and Configuration Guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_2/JABW_BK_C9731738_00_jabber-windows-install-config_chapter_0101.html

I think you are out of luck unless you want to use something like Microsoft SCCM or Group Policy to push out a custom script to the clients.

The setting on the User Options page is a different story.  That can be updated via Axl with the stored procedure,

spSetUserCalendaring.  If this is the setting you wish to change, then let me know and I will add this functionality to the Axl Powershell Module (https://code.google.com/p/axl-powershell-module/).

mkanderson71
Level 1
Level 1

Seconded/thirded or whatever. I still don't see this in 10.5.

We would really like an officially supported method for bulk contact roster change/remove. Seeding a contact list is useful but many of our departments would like us to be able to keep certain functional groups (which may change often) up to date on the back end.

Mike -

It does appear there is some movement to build in AD group visibility in version 11. Not sure if it will be exactly what everyone wants/needs, but sounds like a step in the right direction.

Thanks! I'll keep an eye out.