Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call between two jabber clients outside the enterprise network

Hello

If a jabber client, located outside the enterprise network, calls another jabber client, also outside the enterprise network will the audio path still be through the expressway-E/C or will the audio flow directly between the two jabber clients, over the Internet. If direct, will the audio be secure, with SRST ?

Thanks in advance,

Baktha Muralidharan

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Audio will flow back to EXP C/E for those calls.

What you mention, would require ICE, and that requires TURN. TURN needs to be disabled when using MRA, it's explained in the config guide.

I'm not sure why you mix SRST, or if that's a typo and you meant SRTP??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime,

Thanks for your reply. 

I was wondering if Cisco would implement the old-telco 2BCT type service with MRA.

Oops, meant SRTP, not SRST.

regards,

/Baktha

The concept is not applicable, CUCM cannot be removed from the call as it has to keep control of the endpoints, as they're registered to it.

If you mean media routing, are you familiar with TURN/ICE?? If not, might want to google a bit to understand why I mentioned them before.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes, I meant only for media.

Thanks for the references! Bottom line seems to be that with MRA, media also has to flow through the expressways.

/Baktha

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: