Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call history with "connected number"

Hi

Is it possible to change the savings in Jabber for Windows in the call history?

Jabber saves the "connected number" and I want to change it to "called number". Like UPC, IP Communicator or all the other ip phones.

Example: We route a leading "0" to pstn... the called number is 0 123 456 but jabber saves 123 456. By a redial from the call history, the call fails.

We have disabled the CUCM Service Parameter "Always Display Original Dialed Number".

thx phil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

keithknowles
Level 1
Level 1

I would actually use an application dial rule in this scenario to add the leading 0 to outbound 7 or 11 digit calls, this would also allow you to use the click to dial functionality from office apps and such.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

keithknowles
Level 1
Level 1

I would actually use an application dial rule in this scenario to add the leading 0 to outbound 7 or 11 digit calls, this would also allow you to use the click to dial functionality from office apps and such.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hello,

We are not deploying yet Jabber due to this bug/feature.

Any idea when it will be solved ?

the dial rule solution is too hard to implement : how do you manage international numbers ?

We also use in two countries the 0 to go out, but how do we know if the number is correctly sent to CUCM ?

For instance 0123456789 is a regular phone number, how do I do the difference with 00123456789 (international to the US) ?

Thanks for your help,

NH

Hi Nicolas

For us it's also a bug and not a feature.

When you call somone and this person forwarded the call to somewhere, you have the absolutly wrong number in the call history. Example: you forward your calls to your voicemail system. Everyone who calls you, has the voicemail pilot number in his call history?!

greetings phil

pfalgowski
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

For my company it is also not a feature but bug.

Will there be some fix for that or workaround?

Greetings Peter

Hi,

There is an exixting defect against Jabber for Windows/Mac to track this.

CSCub23920 : Jabber for Windows/Mac does not Keep Originally Called Number

Thanks,

Maqsood

Hi Maqsood,

This PR is not public, I just see that this issue is corrected in version 9.2. However I meet always the issue in one case:

• when I work in softphone mode call history is correct
  • when I work in deskphone mode and do the call from Jabber call history is correct
  • but when I work in deskphone mode and do the call from IP Phone call history is not correct on Jabber, this is the connected number which one is used.

Regards,

Samuel

Behavior has been harmonized on Jabber 9.2.2, number used in call history is now always connected number. According to TAC this is "normal behavior", I don't agree with them. Before to install Jabber, be sure that you are sending +E164 number to your GW, otherwise you could see some issue in you call history.

Hi Phil,

I agree with you. This is definitely a bug.

However I found a work around, that might work for you as well.

If you are using H.323 gateways, you could set the following on the gateway:

voice service voip

no supplementary-service h225-notify cid-update

This way the original dialed number remains in the Cisco Jabber call log.

Hth,

Marco