cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call option is not appearing on Jabber 10.5

anupam.tyagi
Level 1
Level 1

Call option is not appearing on Jabber 10.5 .Need help if anyone faced this issue and how to resolve it 

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dis you properly configured the CSF device??? Also, do you have proper directory resolution???

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

When i points this jabber client to the phone services in the settings , i can see the call option now .But when i point it to the presence it does not show call option . I am not using any SRV 

I don't understand what you're doing, do you mean you use it in Full UC/softphone mode and then only in IM mode???

HTH

java

I want to use it in full UC/Softphone mode . So if i am not using SRV and i am manually pointing in the setting section of the jabber client . Should i point to Callmanager or Presence Server ? 

That depends on the version you're using, and is thoroughly explained in the Jabber Deployment guide, have you reviewed it???

HTH

java

As earlier stated i am using 10.5 version . In the deployment guide it is not mentioned if you are not using srv records , where you should ideally points to if you want to use the full UC/Softphon mode . In the CVD it is mentioned to point to presence server .but for me i points to presence server , it doesnot show the call option in the jabber client but when i poins to cucm it shows both chat and call option.

It's the exact same thing, SRVs simply make it easier as you don't need to type in the info manually.

And as the guide explains, the difference relies on the UC version you're using, not the Jabber version. That's what I meant before.

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: