cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call option not appearing in jabber for windows client.

Vamsy Atluri
Level 1
Level 1

I have set up a CUCM cluster 9.1, a Unified IM and Presence server 9.1 and an LDAP server as well.

I can login as the users that i have created in the AD, can also chat with them and see their presence status. But i don't get a 'call' option when i right click on them.

I have enclosed a screenshot of the jabber client.

Is there something that am not doing? Kindly help if you have an idea.

26 Replies 26

Hi  Lukasz,

I'm using UDS as we don't have the LDAP integration. So the user information is stored locally on CUCM.

What do you mean by assign some phone number to this user? THis user "51901" already has the phone number assigned to it under the end user configuration as well as the device.

TIA

Hi,

I'm not using UDS but from what I see in Service Profiles - Directory Profile is responsible for it. So check this settings.

EDIT: Show some screenshots from End User and Service Profile ... maybe it will help to solve it

Cheers

If you right click onto a contact and then click on view profile, do you see a phone number listed? can you share your xml config? If you're using UDS I would only use:

UDS

Hi Joshua,

I've below jabber-config.xml:

UDS

presence

TIA

Show some screens from End User and Service Profile

Hi

By the attached imagen, first problem I see is that the client jabber is not a registered on pc on domain controller, then you should review if this user ID has as a Controlled Devices a  CFS and Deskphone.

Gamil Radman
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All,

I faced the same issue after upgrading the system from UC 8.6 to 9.1 and we solved it by

Changed the UC Service profile from UCServiceProfile_Migration_2 (the default one after upgrading) to the  UCServiceProfile_Migration_1. And everything is ok now.

gamilradman@gmail.com

patwill66_2
Level 1
Level 1

I am having this problem when upgrading between 9.1 to 9.2.  If I downgrade back to 9.1, the button shows up again.  I upgrade, its missing.  I have messed with the config files and the UCM config, and no luck.  Any ideas on why this happens?

daisukeono1u
Level 1
Level 1

It should be configured line appearance on CSF device and phone number on user.

David Little
Level 1
Level 1

Just Upgraded Jabber 11.1.2 to 11.6 and all my contacts lost the Click to Cal button.  The profiles don't show all the user information.

If I delete the user and re-add then it shows.  I don't want to have to do this for all my contacts and for all users that end up calling me about this.

I have reset Jabber >> No change

I have removed my Cisco > Jabber Roaming profile and re-logged in.  no change

going to backup a version and see

going back a version >> no Change.

Can't seem to find an real direction on this and most info applies to old Clients and old versions of IM.

:(

Had the same issue. If you right click on the contact and View Profile it should pull the numbers back. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: