cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I change my email address?

IAN PERRY
Level 1
Level 1

Looking around, I can't find any way to change my registered email address with Spark (free service). We've just rebranded and have new email addresses, but can't see how to change it. I don't really want to create a new account, as I'd need to be added to rooms again with the new account.

Any ideas how this can be done?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

IAN PERRY
Level 1
Level 1

Solved! Found this referenced on another post.

Go to https://idbroker.webex.com/idb/profile

Login with your Spark credentials, and click on your email address to change it. You have to wait a little while for the activation email to come through, once it does you can login with the new email address. All of my room memberships were preserved (after a nervous first few seconds of no rooms!)

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

IAN PERRY
Level 1
Level 1

Solved! Found this referenced on another post.

Go to https://idbroker.webex.com/idb/profile

Login with your Spark credentials, and click on your email address to change it. You have to wait a little while for the activation email to come through, once it does you can login with the new email address. All of my room memberships were preserved (after a nervous first few seconds of no rooms!)

Nice, but what happens after you update your email address.. does it blow you out of all the rooms the current alias is in?

No, they're all good, despite first impressions....

"All of my room memberships were preserved (after a nervous first few seconds of no rooms!)"

Were your @ mentions preserved as well?

It seems that mentions within room still show as links to the people, but the specific @Mentions filter in the Windows desktop app contains nothing (or is that only unread @Mentions?)

The @ mention section compiles all the messages where someone types @(your name). Your @ mention section is probably empty because you changed your email. I think because of Spark’s encryption it hashes your email address, so if you change it, that name/hash no longer exists.