cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can Jabber search for users in multiple domains?

jonathanwalton
Level 1
Level 1

In CUCM I have LDAP sync with multiple domains (I think 5 is the limit).  I see user accounts for all users in multiple domains.  When I setup my jabber for windows client, I specified "<DirectoryServerType>EDI</DirectoryServerType>", and a search base, but I can only see users in a single domain.  My question is, can I search another domain?  Although I see you can have multiple searchbases, you can only specify a single server (and backup, but I assume for failover only).  Is the answer to change my DirectoryServerType to "UDS" instead and have it pull from CUCM?  Is there a downside to this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As long as all of the domains are in the same forest you can raise your search base to the forest root and point to a Global Catalog server. This should return all users; just be sure that all of the search criteria fields are indexed on the GC (e.g. ipPhone is not by default).

UDS points to CUCM for searches instead of directly at LDAP. You must have CUCM 8.6(2) or higher for this to work and the returned results will be limited to whatever is in your CUCM database.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As long as all of the domains are in the same forest you can raise your search base to the forest root and point to a Global Catalog server. This should return all users; just be sure that all of the search criteria fields are indexed on the GC (e.g. ipPhone is not by default).

UDS points to CUCM for searches instead of directly at LDAP. You must have CUCM 8.6(2) or higher for this to work and the returned results will be limited to whatever is in your CUCM database.

Thanks for the response Jonathan.  I been over the documentation several times, where do you see UDS directory requires CUCM 8.6(2)?  Video desktop sharing requires CUCM 8.6.1, but could you provide me a link to your documentation?  I must be looking at the wrong guide.

Sure. Here you are:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_0_1/b_jabber_win_icg_chapter_01000.html#reference_DCE5937F506D424F9F9523A91B409821

Cisco Unified Communications Manager User Data ServiceUDS is supported on Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.6.2 or later.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thank you.  I am working out of the same documentation, I just missed that line.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: