Views
Helpful
Replies

Can Jabber talk to Skype?

michaelzhq
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

Can Jabber (for Windows or iPAD) talk to Skype? What are required to integrate them?

Thanks.

Michael

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For video, not without an intermediary. Examples include Imagcle or possibly BlueJeans. Essentially CUCM routes the call to the Imagcle SkyStone server which transcodes the call into the Skype network/protocol.

For audio there is a Skype Connect feature that allows you to build a SIP trunk between a CUBE and their cloud. There are a bunch of threads here on the forums about this. One example: https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2126467

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For video, not without an intermediary. Examples include Imagcle or possibly BlueJeans. Essentially CUCM routes the call to the Imagcle SkyStone server which transcodes the call into the Skype network/protocol.

For audio there is a Skype Connect feature that allows you to build a SIP trunk between a CUBE and their cloud. There are a bunch of threads here on the forums about this. One example: https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2126467

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thanks Jonathan,

Two more questions:

1. Does Skype Connect support Presence and IM?

2. I have to use an intermediary if both audio and video are required. Is this correct?

1. No as Skype does not support federation with XMPP and Cisco has not licensed the Skype protocol. NextPlane has provided services similar to this but their website does not list XMPP to Skype as best as I can tell.

2. If only audio is required you can get away with simply a CUBE running on ISR/ASR hardware at your network edge.

Hi Guys...

This restriction about federating with Skype for IM&Presence still the same?? I mean, this still not possible to do?

And for Voice and Video? Any changes?

Thanks in advance.

Rgds,

Daniel

Please update me if any information on above..Thanks

still no update?

Some of you might not like this, but we looked and looked and interop tools including Pexip/Blujeans/Acano.  When it came down do it, we gave up on Jabber & Jabber Telepresence and went with a 100% Skype for Business cloud solution (Office 365).  It has been 100% worth it!  The biggest problem we had was building an authentication model everyone could agree on, but now it's so smooth. We chat, call, and meet online with Skype.  No need to worry about who is using what.

I hope this answer doesn't get me banned.  Just in case, I created a new account so my 'real' account can stay active so I can participate in discussions.

This Thread seems to be bit old ,,, but the integration issues remain the same !

i have a Q :

1. How can we integrate cisco IMAP with Skype chat.  With out any 3rd party intermediary product .  

pls share some documents !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: