cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we Integrate 3rdparty Chat solution in Cisco Jabber

ehtasham.malik
Level 1
Level 1

We have a chat solution and we wanted to integrate it with Cisco Jabber, Does Cisco Jabber allow this? 

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You'll have to elaborate on exactly what you mean when you say "integrate", exactly what do you want to get/achieve?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks, Jamie for your reply. 

Actually, we have the Web Application that agents use to communicate with customers from different channels(SMS, Whatsapp) customer from any channel can send a message and that message will receive on my web applicaiton . Now I want to integrate my web application inside the jabber probably in 2 ways. 

• If I can embed the same web application as an iframe URL inside the Jabber client 
  • Of if Iframe embedding is not possible, I can call any of the APIs of Jabber where I can send my customer message to Jabber Client, and when from the Jabber client the agent sends the message I should receive it in my application and from there I can send it to my customer. 

I am not sure if any of this makes sense or if is there any other way to integrate any chat inside Jabber.

Not sure if this is anywhere close to what you are looking for but see if you can use Jabber custom tabs. It displays HTML content within Jabber. 

On the Jabber client, go to Click on the gear icon > File > New > Custom Tab
Add the custom tab and click on the newly created tab that look like TechLvr_2-1663614394984.png

You can use Jabber XML to change the Jabber browser engine, and may be even for bulk adding the tab to all Jabber clients. 

TechLvr_3-1663614586468.png

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: