Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot add some contacts in Jabber

I currently have a 2 CUPC clusters for jabber.

1 is a 2 node 8.6.4 cluster which we are using for production, this is a IM /presence only cluster, no phone control as these users are still on a Nortel.

2 is 4 node 9.1.1 cluster which we are using for a POC. this is a full control cluster.

the issue i m having is, i have a few users on the production cluster can not seem to add certain people on the POC cluster. this only seems to be effecting a handful of people. the users in question are on the 9.1.1 build of the client on both clusters. So what happens is, user A on the production cluster adds user B on the POC cluster, the user is found in the search but when trying to add, the userB disappears. If user A's neighbor attempts to add User B, he is successful. I don't want to simply move USER A to the POC as i have 4000+ on production and if this issue continues to grow we will need a fix.

thanks in advance for any guidance.

2 Replies 2

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

so if you go to the presence server on your POC cluster and go to Diagnoistics>presence viewer, are the disappeared users in there at alll, and is it a matter of not being able to see them in Jabber?

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

yes the users are living on the POC cluster, its just these users ( about 5) can not add them. when you search for the poc user to add , jabber will find them, show the presence of the user, when you press enter or add the poc user will appear in the group you choose for a split second then disappear.its almost like XCP router is a mess.