Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Communicate with Server Error 11.5 Jabber Windows and Mac Client

newbiegrizzly
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I recently installed CUCM 11.5 only(No Cisco IM and Presence) in my lab. Its a simple setup without the LDAP server, using CUCM internal directory to configure clients. I am successfully able to log into Jabber through my iPad and iPhone clients on Jabber 11.5 or 11.6. I am also able to login to jabber in windows machine if I am using Jabber 9.7 version client. However, if I am using Jabber 11.5 on Windows client, it is giving me "Cannot communicate with Server Error". On Macbook, I am getting this error on all versions I used including older 9.6 version.

The one thing I noticed that for iPhone Jabber Client there is advance option for putting CUCM server ip on Phone Service Only option. In Windows or Mac Jabber Client 11.6, there is advance setting for CCM 9 or later where I am putting my CUCM server IP.  Am I missing anything?

Regards,

S

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello

Just check what you have configured on system --> server entry on cucm. if its in hostname or FQDN , i believe your jabber for windows is trying to resolve it but unable to do so because of no connectivity to DNS server or no entry in DNS server.  Try the below to verify it.

Modifying the host file on windows PC through below location ,

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

once you go to above location and add the cucm entry in host file , reset your jabber and manually mention the cucm ip for login and then check.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

newbiegrizzly
Level 1
Level 1

anyone please?

Hello

Just check what you have configured on system --> server entry on cucm. if its in hostname or FQDN , i believe your jabber for windows is trying to resolve it but unable to do so because of no connectivity to DNS server or no entry in DNS server.  Try the below to verify it.

Modifying the host file on windows PC through below location ,

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

once you go to above location and add the cucm entry in host file , reset your jabber and manually mention the cucm ip for login and then check.

Thanks for your help,

My Server config is the hostname only which is 192.168.X.X

I added CUCM DNS entry in Windows and Mac client and it worked. I am able to login into both machines with 11.5 jabber client.

The only thing is my concern is that is there another way to resolve this as I have multiple machines and I don't want to go on every device to enter CUCM DNS manaully?

PS:I am not using any LDAP server and also IM and Presence server

is there a DNS server ? If you are using multiple machines , its better if you can configure a DNS server and assign that DNS server to all machines.

Ok Thanks, I will try that.

One more question. This might be irrelevant to what we are discussing here. So apologizes for that.

I wanted to see call quality report. For that I went to CMR reports. I see the call record there after I finish the call but there is no Packet loss or any other information. It is all showing Null?

I have the same issue the jabber is not able to login its getting the error cannot communicate to the server.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you configured your SRV for _cisco-uds and do the users have a valid service profile with the relevant options configured?

If using hostname/FQDN for the servers, do they have access to a DNS to resolve them?

You can get a PRT and those always have pointers at what is missing to login.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks, Since I am installing CUCM for the first time. I will look into this and will get back

Hi Jaime,

I am trying to test Jabber on Phone only mode - No IM and Presence Server.

CUCM 10.5 and Jabber 11.x

I have setup Service Profile with CUCM IP as CTI Server.

Unable to login to Jabber on Windows as well as MAC with Manual setting with CUCM IP address no Hostname involved, getting error Cannot Find your Service.

PRT error is "The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. "

Is it mandatory to setup Domain on Enterprise parameter and when adding the domain does it require reset?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: