Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot delete an Outlook meeting - WebEx throwing error

HeneryH
Level 1
Level 1

I have a meeting series with a WebEx. 

I now can't edit or delete the series in any way at all.

Error Message from WebEx:

You cannot edit this meeting because a related meeting in the series is currently in progress.

Any ideas on how to get this thing off of my and everyone else's calendars?

3 Replies 3

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Please see if this helps

https://collaborationhelp.cisco.com/article/en-us/WBX57229

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!
***Please rate helpful posts***

HLA-OA
Level 1
Level 1

For anyone who might have this issue, I was able to get this resolved by

• Logging into the WebEx URL where meetings are managed (Example: https://MyCompany.webex.com)
  • Checking the "Meetings" tab for currently active meetings
  • Joined the meeting that appeared to be currently active
  • Closed the meeting and selected the "End Meeting" option rather than just leaving the meeting (or File > End Meeting)
  • Opened the next series occurrence for the meeting in Outlook (not the one that had already been concluded)
  • Changed the reoccurrence to end the day after the last meeting took place
  • Sent the meeting update

I was able to successfully maintain the history in Outlook and remove the reoccurrence after that. Just as an additional assurance, I also selected "Cancel WebEx Meeting" from the WebEx group/actions in the Outlook meeting before sending it but I don't think that was necessary. 

matthew.sandler
Level 1
Level 1

It happens often: you're on a call as part of a series, and need to adjust the next appointment in the series. With Microsoft teams, it can be done. Webex blocks it. 

I personally like webex (pausing, true full screen, etc). However, Webex needs to invest to overcome this now obviously unnecessary limitation, to stay competitive.   Please do Fix. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: