Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot delete an Outlook meeting - WebEx throwing error

HeneryH
Level 1
Level 1

I have a meeting series with a WebEx. 

I now can't edit or delete the series in any way at all.

Error Message from WebEx:

You cannot edit this meeting because a related meeting in the series is currently in progress.

Any ideas on how to get this thing off of my and everyone else's calendars?

3 Replies 3

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Please see if this helps

https://collaborationhelp.cisco.com/article/en-us/WBX57229

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!
***Please rate helpful posts***

HLA-OA
Level 1
Level 1

For anyone who might have this issue, I was able to get this resolved by

• Logging into the WebEx URL where meetings are managed (Example: https://MyCompany.webex.com)
  • Checking the "Meetings" tab for currently active meetings
  • Joined the meeting that appeared to be currently active
  • Closed the meeting and selected the "End Meeting" option rather than just leaving the meeting (or File > End Meeting)
  • Opened the next series occurrence for the meeting in Outlook (not the one that had already been concluded)
  • Changed the reoccurrence to end the day after the last meeting took place
  • Sent the meeting update

I was able to successfully maintain the history in Outlook and remove the reoccurrence after that. Just as an additional assurance, I also selected "Cancel WebEx Meeting" from the WebEx group/actions in the Outlook meeting before sending it but I don't think that was necessary. 

matthew.sandler
Level 1
Level 1

It happens often: you're on a call as part of a series, and need to adjust the next appointment in the series. With Microsoft teams, it can be done. Webex blocks it. 

I personally like webex (pausing, true full screen, etc). However, Webex needs to invest to overcome this now obviously unnecessary limitation, to stay competitive.   Please do Fix.