cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Initiate Jabber Call over 4G Data?

MATTHEW MARSH
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone run into problems where they cannot place an outbound phone call over Jabber for Android when used over 4G data (with Verizon Wireless)?

The strange thing is I can receive inbound calls made to my office extension number and they will ring in fine over my Jabber for Android client. And if I am using any form of Wifi connectivity, the Jabber for Android works fine making and receiving calls. So the problem is ONLY when trying to make an outbound call via Jabber for Android and ONLY while connecting over 4G data (on Verizon Wireless).

When I try to make an outbound call via Jabber for Android (while on 4G data), the call just sits quiet without ever ringing through - just dead air. And if I look at the "Call Statistics" it show the Codec value as "ERROR" and the Bitrate value also as "ERROR." But if I have someone call my extension inbound, it rings Jabber fine and my Codec for that call shows "PCMU" and Bitrate value as "64000".

I cannot figure it out - why this problem only happens on outbound calls, and only when connected to 4G data (over Wifi it all works great, even using my Wifi hotspot connected over Verizon Wireless 4G). Any suggestions on what the problem might be or how to troubleshoot this?

Here are my vitals on what I am running:

• Our Cisco UCM cluster is now on v9.1.1.
  • My cell phone is Motorola Razr Maxx HD (from Verizon Wireless) running Jellybean (Android v4.1.2)
  • I VPN into our network using AnyConnect ICS+ for Android (v3.0.09129)
  • And I am using Jabber for Android v9.1.2.3324.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Replies 0